BELOIT, Wis. (AP) - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin will be the commencement speaker at Beloit College this spring.
The school says the Democratic senator was the unanimous selection of the senior class officers. Baldwin has represented the Beloit community since 1999, first with seven terms in Congress and now in her first year in the Senate.
She will address the college's graduating class on Sunday, May 12.
Baldwin sits on a number of Senate committees, including the budget committee and the committee on health, education, labor and pensions.
She graduated from Smith College in 1984 with majors in government and mathematics. She earned her law degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School five years later.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients