DE PERE, Wis. (AP) - Bud Selig will be the commencement speaker at St. Norbert College this month, and the Major League baseball commissioner will also receive an honorary degree.
About 460 students will be graduating at the May 12 commencement ceremonies. That's where Selig will receive an honorary Doctor of Laws degree for his contributions to baseball, St. Norbert and the community.
Selig was a previous owner of the Milwaukee Brewers. He has been the baseball commissioner since 1998.
The college also plans to recognize its eight surviving alumni who have earned the rank of general in the U.S. military. The alumni include graduates from the Class of 1942 through the Class of 1979.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers