DE PERE, Wis. (AP) - Bud Selig will be the commencement speaker at St. Norbert College this month, and the Major League baseball commissioner will also receive an honorary degree.
About 460 students will be graduating at the May 12 commencement ceremonies. That's where Selig will receive an honorary Doctor of Laws degree for his contributions to baseball, St. Norbert and the community.
Selig was a previous owner of the Milwaukee Brewers. He has been the baseball commissioner since 1998.
The college also plans to recognize its eight surviving alumni who have earned the rank of general in the U.S. military. The alumni include graduates from the Class of 1942 through the Class of 1979.
- Local event helps connect military families
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Area couples prepare for wedding season