LA CROSSE, Wis. - The city of La Crosse is working on another project at the Black River Beach.
What started as a roof replacement for the shelter built less than three years ago has grown into a second open air shelter and more parking. It will also include lighting, landscaping, and more walkways.
City officials say the area has been so popular they needed to expand to accommodate the demand. "It was discovered through the surveys that were sent out through the northside that they really needed a place to congregate, to meet, to have their functions, and we're always looking for more space to meet citywide," said Parks Superintendent Gar Amunson.19097928
The $319,000 project should be finished by April 15th.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion