LA CROSSE, Wis. - The city of La Crosse is working on another project at the Black River Beach.
What started as a roof replacement for the shelter built less than three years ago has grown into a second open air shelter and more parking. It will also include lighting, landscaping, and more walkways.
City officials say the area has been so popular they needed to expand to accommodate the demand. "It was discovered through the surveys that were sent out through the northside that they really needed a place to congregate, to meet, to have their functions, and we're always looking for more space to meet citywide," said Parks Superintendent Gar Amunson.19097928
The $319,000 project should be finished by April 15th.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting