LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A second Republican has thrown his hat into the ring for Ron Kind's congressional seat.
Chris Anderson is an Eau Claire area native and running to represent Wisconsin in the House.
Anderson is an army veteran who was part of a team scouting for IED's in Afghanistan.
Since coming home, he's worked for Senator Ron Johnson's office.
Anderson says the biggest issues facing our area now are repealing or reforming Obamacare, and continuing economic recovery. "There have been a number of economic recovery plans put out by different states throughout the U.S. that have proven to work. Congressman Kind and a lot of people in Congress continue to ignore that."
Ken Van Doren declared his candidacy back in January. The two will face off in the fall primary in August.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building