LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A second Republican has thrown his hat into the ring for Ron Kind's congressional seat.
Chris Anderson is an Eau Claire area native and running to represent Wisconsin in the House.
Anderson is an army veteran who was part of a team scouting for IED's in Afghanistan.
Since coming home, he's worked for Senator Ron Johnson's office.
Anderson says the biggest issues facing our area now are repealing or reforming Obamacare, and continuing economic recovery. "There have been a number of economic recovery plans put out by different states throughout the U.S. that have proven to work. Congressman Kind and a lot of people in Congress continue to ignore that."
Ken Van Doren declared his candidacy back in January. The two will face off in the fall primary in August.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration