SUPERIOR, Wis. (AP) - Superior police are searching for a snowmobiler who has been missing since Saturday.
Police say 51-year-old Craig Friebe was last seen riding his snowmobile on St. Louis Bay in Superior. He told his friends early that day that he was going to ride on the bay and the Nemadji River.
Authorities spent all day Sunday looking for Friebe, but suspended their search at nightfall. They'll continue looking for Friebe again Monday morning.
Friebe went missing as the coldest temperatures of the season are settling across the region. Low temperatures in Superior are expected to dip well below zero Sunday night, and wind chills could see a dangerously low 35 degrees below zero.
Anyone who knows Friebe's whereabouts is asked to call Douglas County authorities at (715)394-4432.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death