SUPERIOR, Wis. (AP) - Superior police are searching for a snowmobiler who has been missing since Saturday.
Police say 51-year-old Craig Friebe was last seen riding his snowmobile on St. Louis Bay in Superior. He told his friends early that day that he was going to ride on the bay and the Nemadji River.
Authorities spent all day Sunday looking for Friebe, but suspended their search at nightfall. They'll continue looking for Friebe again Monday morning.
Friebe went missing as the coldest temperatures of the season are settling across the region. Low temperatures in Superior are expected to dip well below zero Sunday night, and wind chills could see a dangerously low 35 degrees below zero.
Anyone who knows Friebe's whereabouts is asked to call Douglas County authorities at (715)394-4432.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather