MADISON, WI (AP) - A search committee has been created to find the next president of the University of Wisconsin System.
Board of Regents President Michael Falbo on Friday appointed the 18-member search committee to find a successor to Kevin Reilly. He is leaving his position in January.
The committee will be chaired by Regina Millner, who is vice president of the Board of Regents. Five current regents, three former regents and others from across the UW System will be on the panel.
The committee is expected to recommend five finalists for consideration to a special Board of Regents Committee, which will then forward the name of the recommended candidate to the full board.
The search committee's first meeting is scheduled for Sept. 6.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands