MADISON, Wis. (WKBT/AP) - Gov. Scott Walker is partaking in the latest Internet sensation.
Walker posted the video on his Facebook page of himself and his wife Tonette getting a tub of ice water dumped on them on Thursday. (The First Lady also posted a video to her Facebook page.)
The video is part of the 'ice bucket challenge,' launched by the ALS Foundation to raise money for fighting ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease.
Walker nominates three other people to complete the challenge within 24 hours: U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson, U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan and Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus.
Other politicians and celebrities across the country have accepted the challenge, including New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and late-night TV host Jimmy Fallon.
Walker's Democratic opponent, Mary Burke, plans to do it on Saturday.
Earlier this week, Prairie du Chien native Olympian Matt Antoine and Green Bay Packers Quarterback Aaron Rodgers took the #ALSIceBucketChallenge.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion