MADISON, Wis. (WKBT/AP) - Gov. Scott Walker is partaking in the latest Internet sensation.
Walker posted the video on his Facebook page of himself and his wife Tonette getting a tub of ice water dumped on them on Thursday. (The First Lady also posted a video to her Facebook page.)
The video is part of the 'ice bucket challenge,' launched by the ALS Foundation to raise money for fighting ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease.
Walker nominates three other people to complete the challenge within 24 hours: U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson, U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan and Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus.
Other politicians and celebrities across the country have accepted the challenge, including New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and late-night TV host Jimmy Fallon.
Walker's Democratic opponent, Mary Burke, plans to do it on Saturday.
Earlier this week, Prairie du Chien native Olympian Matt Antoine and Green Bay Packers Quarterback Aaron Rodgers took the #ALSIceBucketChallenge.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Wisconsin's youth prison hit with another lawsuit
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- Walker signs bill allowing minors at music festivals
- Minnesota lawmaker aims to make it harder to avoid vaccines
- 2-year-old Milwaukee boy accidentally shoots self
- The Latest: Lawmakers work through the night on state budget
- Man pleads not guilty in deadly Iowa jail escape
- Man accused of killing parents, sister, pleads not guilty
- Senators want hearing aids available over the counter