GENOA, WI (WKBT) - A Vernon County school is embodying the giving part of this week's holiday.
St. Charles Catholic School in Genoa put together Thanksgiving baskets for families in need. The baskets include all the fixings for a traditional meal.
Every year for the past decade, students have put together four baskets. But this year, the school's parish and CCD class pitched in to give an extra six baskets. "We're such a small, little school here, but we do it genuinely out of love and we have a great time doing it," said Administrative Assistant Leslie Swancutt.
"It's a lot, but I'm glad we do it, and it's pretty great that we do this much," said student council president Jenna Trussoni.
"It's not at all hard to find and identify families that will benefit from this," said Vernon Co.'s Director of Human Services Pamela Eitland.
St. Charles is the only school in Vernon County donating to this program. They were also able to put a board game and some gift cards in the baskets.23156974
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US