LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Hundreds of parents, students, and educators will be rallying in Wisconsin this week in support of school choice.
National School Choice Week spotlights the educational options such as charter schools, private schools, and online learning. It also leads up to open enrollment in the state.
Next week, parents will be able to pick where they want their kids to go to school.
And most of the time, sending students to a different school district comes at no cost to the parent, but makes a financial difference at the schools. "Because what does come with those students is a funding amount that actually impacts our bottom line and our capacity to do more opportunities and more choices for parents and students," said La Crosse Schools Superintendent Randy Nelson.
This school year, the La Crosse School district had 75 more students opt into the district than out.24146134
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest