LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Hundreds of parents, students, and educators will be rallying in Wisconsin this week in support of school choice.
National School Choice Week spotlights the educational options such as charter schools, private schools, and online learning. It also leads up to open enrollment in the state.
Next week, parents will be able to pick where they want their kids to go to school.
And most of the time, sending students to a different school district comes at no cost to the parent, but makes a financial difference at the schools. "Because what does come with those students is a funding amount that actually impacts our bottom line and our capacity to do more opportunities and more choices for parents and students," said La Crosse Schools Superintendent Randy Nelson.
This school year, the La Crosse School district had 75 more students opt into the district than out.24146134
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies