LA CROSSE, Wis. - Walking in a Winter Wonderland for a good cause is the idea of Santa's Stroll.
A group of Western Technical College students organized the walk as a fundraiser for the Salvation Army.
About 50 people signed up for the chilly walk through the marsh trails in La Crosse.
The students hope to raise $500 to provide Christmas meals and a warm place to stay.
"Lots of families are in need during the Christmas time, and showing support and giving money and food and clothing is an awesome opportunity for them," said student organizer Bethany Wemette.
This is the event's first year.23494352
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.