LA CROSSE, Wis. - Walking in a Winter Wonderland for a good cause is the idea of Santa's Stroll.
A group of Western Technical College students organized the walk as a fundraiser for the Salvation Army.
About 50 people signed up for the chilly walk through the marsh trails in La Crosse.
The students hope to raise $500 to provide Christmas meals and a warm place to stay.
"Lots of families are in need during the Christmas time, and showing support and giving money and food and clothing is an awesome opportunity for them," said student organizer Bethany Wemette.
This is the event's first year.23494352
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US