LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Salvation Army is celebrating another successful Match Day.
On Saturday, $28,092 was dropped into the kettles around La Crosse.
The Ho-Chunk Nation pledged to match the first $20,000.
The Salvation Army says that puts them at nearly $309,000 this season, which is less than halfway to its goal of $650,000.
They're hoping the second Match Day this coming Saturday will help. Local individuals and businesses will match about $18,000.23520798
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- La Crosse in top 20 college towns
- Assignment: Education - Global Partners mentors Hamilton students
- Trump to take executive action advancing oil pipelines
- United Way nears campaign goal
- La Crosse County sees record home sales in 2016
- Couleecap granted $53,000 for entrepreneurial support
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option