LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Salvation Army is celebrating another successful Match Day.
On Saturday, $28,092 was dropped into the kettles around La Crosse.
The Ho-Chunk Nation pledged to match the first $20,000.
The Salvation Army says that puts them at nearly $309,000 this season, which is less than halfway to its goal of $650,000.
They're hoping the second Match Day this coming Saturday will help. Local individuals and businesses will match about $18,000.23520798
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies