LA CROSSE, WI - The Salvation Army is halfway to building it's mountain of food.
The organization teamed up with some Western Technical College students to collect 10,000 pounds of food and build a mountain with it in Valley View Mall.
Thanks to donations and special collections by Texas Roadhouse and Weight Watchers, 5,000 lbs. is on display.
They're hoping the mountain helps with awareness of the continuing need in the community. "So that it would be in the public eye and that we could really spread the word, and because of our bluffs in the area we decided it would be a mountain, and it would be a statement piece for everybody in our area," said Western Tech student Alacia Greenwold.
There are little red buckets for donations at the mall. The collection ends Sunday at 6:00 p.m.22382204
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls