Local bars and restaurants want to make sure you make it home safe this holiday season.
They are reminding people about the Safe Ride program sponsored by the Tavern League.
If you feel like you've had too much to drink, the bartender will give you a voucher for a free ride home, no questions asked.
Last year, the Tavern League spent about $70,000 giving 7,000 people a free ride home.
They say the money is worth it if it means keeping our roads safe. "It's a very worthy program, it's been very successful in La Crosse. OWI's are down 30% in probably the past 5 to 8 years and we attribute a lot of that to the Safe Ride program."
The Tavern League is also teaming with Wettsteins to hold a raffle to raise money for the program.
The grand prize is an 84-inch big screen TV.
Tickets will be sold at local bars and taverns for $10. The drawing is in April.23579306
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked