Local bars and restaurants want to make sure you make it home safe this holiday season.
They are reminding people about the Safe Ride program sponsored by the Tavern League.
If you feel like you've had too much to drink, the bartender will give you a voucher for a free ride home, no questions asked.
Last year, the Tavern League spent about $70,000 giving 7,000 people a free ride home.
They say the money is worth it if it means keeping our roads safe. "It's a very worthy program, it's been very successful in La Crosse. OWI's are down 30% in probably the past 5 to 8 years and we attribute a lot of that to the Safe Ride program."
The Tavern League is also teaming with Wettsteins to hold a raffle to raise money for the program.
The grand prize is an 84-inch big screen TV.
Tickets will be sold at local bars and taverns for $10. The drawing is in April.23579306
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay