GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - Paul Ryan's three young children are a regular presence as he heads into the final days of his vice presidential run.
The Republican congressman from Wisconsin has taken 10-year-old Liza, 9-year-old Charlie and 7-year-old Sam to campaign stops and they have taken a star turn at rallies.
The trio fires T-shirts with slingshots into the crowd and mug for the cameras. They joined their parents at a Green Bay Packers tailgate on Sunday and tossed beanbags with their father. Hundreds craned for a peek at the potential second family of the United States.
Candidates' children are often featured the political campaigns, although seldom are they as young and visible as Ryan's.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns