MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Last year's Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan and Gov. Scott Walker are among those speaking at this weekend's Wisconsin GOP convention.
The two potential 2016 presidential candidates will be joined by a host of other Republican office holders for the annual state convention in Rothschild. Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus, who is the former state party chairman, is delivering the keynote address on Saturday.
The meeting comes as Priebus is urging Republicans nationally to embrace recommendations in a study he released in March calling for the party to become more inclusive and reach out to Hispanics and other minority groups.
Priebus says he plans to focus on the report in his comments to Wisconsin Republicans at the meeting.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners