MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Last year's Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan and Gov. Scott Walker are among those speaking at this weekend's Wisconsin GOP convention.
The two potential 2016 presidential candidates will be joined by a host of other Republican office holders for the annual state convention in Rothschild. Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus, who is the former state party chairman, is delivering the keynote address on Saturday.
The meeting comes as Priebus is urging Republicans nationally to embrace recommendations in a study he released in March calling for the party to become more inclusive and reach out to Hispanics and other minority groups.
Priebus says he plans to focus on the report in his comments to Wisconsin Republicans at the meeting.
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Dayton names new Minnesota State Lottery director
- Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention
- Walker: Not my job to remove Sheriff Clarke after jail death
- Minnesota woman gets probation for supporting al-Shabab