SEATTLE - Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson and his wife, Ashton have filed for divorce.
The couple married in January of 2012, but in a statement released by the Seahawks Wednesday afternoon, Wilson says "I have made the difficult decision to file for divorce".
"Clearly, decisions like these don't come easy. Ashton and I respectfully ask for prayers, understanding and privacy during this difficult time. Moving forward, I will have no further comment on this personal matter."
They were married in Richmond, Virginia in January of 2012 just a few months before Wilson was drafted in the third round by Seattle.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure