LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - UW-La Crosse Athletics got some financial support Monday night.
It was part of the department's 19th annual "Roundball Rumble on the River" at the Waterfront restaurant in La Crosse.
The night was a chance for student athletes and their supporters to get together and watch the NCAA national championship game.
There were raffles, silent auctions and of course big screen TVs to watch the game.
It's their biggest fundraiser of the year, but UW-L's athletic director says the night isn't just about the money. "We think it's a great opportunity for our fans and supporters to interact and get to meet the people who they're supporting through their financial donations," said Josh Whitman.
All of the proceeds go the L-Club and UW-L's 19 sports and nearly 600 student-athletes.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US