LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - UW-La Crosse Athletics got some financial support Monday night.
It was part of the department's 19th annual "Roundball Rumble on the River" at the Waterfront restaurant in La Crosse.
The night was a chance for student athletes and their supporters to get together and watch the NCAA national championship game.
There were raffles, silent auctions and of course big screen TVs to watch the game.
It's their biggest fundraiser of the year, but UW-L's athletic director says the night isn't just about the money. "We think it's a great opportunity for our fans and supporters to interact and get to meet the people who they're supporting through their financial donations," said Josh Whitman.
All of the proceeds go the L-Club and UW-L's 19 sports and nearly 600 student-athletes.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death