LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - UW-La Crosse Athletics got some financial support Monday night.
It was part of the department's 19th annual "Roundball Rumble on the River" at the Waterfront restaurant in La Crosse.
The night was a chance for student athletes and their supporters to get together and watch the NCAA national championship game.
There were raffles, silent auctions and of course big screen TVs to watch the game.
It's their biggest fundraiser of the year, but UW-L's athletic director says the night isn't just about the money. "We think it's a great opportunity for our fans and supporters to interact and get to meet the people who they're supporting through their financial donations," said Josh Whitman.
All of the proceeds go the L-Club and UW-L's 19 sports and nearly 600 student-athletes.
- FLOODING: Closures July 20th
- Severe storms cause extensive damage
- Kwik Trip buying PDQ Food Stores
- Domestic abuse, legal resources offer revenge porn victims support
- The Long Shot
- Walker signs bill requiring voucher school background checks
- Walker to meet with Republican leaders to talk budget
- Women's Fund awards grants to 24 area programs
- Holmen Festival Foods project highlights growing area
- Great Rivers United Way hosts annual La Crosse ‘Day of Caring'