LA CROSSE, Wis. - 600 student athletes received some financial support Monday night.
UW-La Crosse Athletics hosted it's annual Roundball Rumble on the River at the Waterfront.
It's a night to watch the college basketball national championship on TV's donated by Wettstein's while donors can get to know some of the athletes.19674488
The athletic director says it's one of the two biggest fundraisers of the year, but hopes the night isn't just about the money. "More than anything we want people to come and have a good time and hopefully then next year they'll want to come back. We want to create a customer base that are a group of fans and supporters who enjoy our program and especially enjoy this event and something they put on their calendar each year and look forward to," said UW-L Athletic Director Josh Whitman.
News 8's Gregg Wavrunek emceed the event.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Bushes' spokesman: George H.W., Barbara 'both on the upswing'
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice