LA CROSSE, Wis. - 600 student athletes received some financial support Monday night.
UW-La Crosse Athletics hosted it's annual Roundball Rumble on the River at the Waterfront.
It's a night to watch the college basketball national championship on TV's donated by Wettstein's while donors can get to know some of the athletes.19674488
The athletic director says it's one of the two biggest fundraisers of the year, but hopes the night isn't just about the money. "More than anything we want people to come and have a good time and hopefully then next year they'll want to come back. We want to create a customer base that are a group of fans and supporters who enjoy our program and especially enjoy this event and something they put on their calendar each year and look forward to," said UW-L Athletic Director Josh Whitman.
News 8's Gregg Wavrunek emceed the event.
- Your last-minute Eclipse of Century cheat sheet
- State Superintendent Evers to enter governor's race
- Minnesotans who work in Wisconsin to receive tax credit
- Bicyclist killed in collision with van in Minneapolis ID'd
- West Virginia, Wisconsin reach concealed-carry agreement
- 3rd annual Celebrate Summer Family Fun Fair
- Amy Klobuchar visits Rushford 10 years after historic flooding
- Day at the Lake honors Sara Hougom
- 5th annual Coulee Region Free Tournament held in Onalaska
- Local officials share solar eclipse safety tips