LA CROSSE, Wis. - 600 student athletes received some financial support Monday night.
UW-La Crosse Athletics hosted it's annual Roundball Rumble on the River at the Waterfront.
It's a night to watch the college basketball national championship on TV's donated by Wettstein's while donors can get to know some of the athletes.19674488
The athletic director says it's one of the two biggest fundraisers of the year, but hopes the night isn't just about the money. "More than anything we want people to come and have a good time and hopefully then next year they'll want to come back. We want to create a customer base that are a group of fans and supporters who enjoy our program and especially enjoy this event and something they put on their calendar each year and look forward to," said UW-L Athletic Director Josh Whitman.
News 8's Gregg Wavrunek emceed the event.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns