LA CROSSE, Wis. - The city of La Crosse is one step closer to installing a roundabout near downtown.
The Board of Public Works voted Wednesday morning to recommend a roundabout be built at the intersection of Cass and 7th streets. The vote came after the board got a green light from the neighborhood revitalization commission.
The roundabout design would require several buildings be purchased and knocked down. That process won't take place for at least a year so construction won't start anytime soon.
"If funding would happen to open up in 14, 15 or 16, they'd be ready to go but right now it's looking like a 2017 bid advertisement and construction in 2017," said Public Works Director Dale Hexom.17994668
Wednesday's recommendation will now go to the Department of Transportation for the design phase.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice
- Fiberglass fire causes neighborhood evacuation
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race