LA CROSSE, Wis. - The city of La Crosse is one step closer to installing a roundabout near downtown.
The Board of Public Works voted Wednesday morning to recommend a roundabout be built at the intersection of Cass and 7th streets. The vote came after the board got a green light from the neighborhood revitalization commission.
The roundabout design would require several buildings be purchased and knocked down. That process won't take place for at least a year so construction won't start anytime soon.
"If funding would happen to open up in 14, 15 or 16, they'd be ready to go but right now it's looking like a 2017 bid advertisement and construction in 2017," said Public Works Director Dale Hexom.17994668
Wednesday's recommendation will now go to the Department of Transportation for the design phase.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands