HOLMEN, Wis. - A rollover crash in Holmen led to an extensive search for the driver Saturday evening.
It happened at the intersection of Briggs Road and County Road XX around 5 p.m.
Authorities used dogs and lights to search nearby woods for the driver.
They eventually found the male suspect, 45-year-old Matthew Spors, after a citizen spotted him an alerted a K-9 officer.
Police are recommending Spors, of Holmen, face charges of 3rd offense OWI, failing to notify police of an accident and obstructing.
Spors was taken to Gundersen Lutheran Hospital with non life-threatening injuries17711012
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse