LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Police Department closed Monitor Street between Copeland and Rose Streets because of flooding, caused by a water main break.
City crews are working to clear the water from the streets to get the roadway open, but the process may take several hours.
Crews previously closed Copeland Avenue at Monitor Street at about 3:30 Friday morning. Copeland is open again. The city's water department was able to get the water shut off around 6 a.m.
Traffic is being detoured at Car Street for southbound traffic on Copeland Avenue. The police department says drivers should expect delays at this time.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration