LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Police Department closed Monitor Street between Copeland and Rose Streets because of flooding, caused by a water main break.
City crews are working to clear the water from the streets to get the roadway open, but the process may take several hours.
Crews previously closed Copeland Avenue at Monitor Street at about 3:30 Friday morning. Copeland is open again. The city's water department was able to get the water shut off around 6 a.m.
Traffic is being detoured at Car Street for southbound traffic on Copeland Avenue. The police department says drivers should expect delays at this time.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- Businesses gather for discussion on possible new tax
- Students learn robotics at Trane in La Crosse
- The guitar that will build a La Crosse home
- Representative Kind hears from local voters in La Crosse
- Iowa House panel OKs medical marijuana oil bill
- Minnesota man gets 2 year sentence for lying in terror case
- Email shows Holtz was counting on 'reform group' to help