LA CROSSE, Wis. - Renew, grow, win. That's the new Republican theme after a second straight loss in the race for the White House.
And it's that message they're hoping to spread across the nation as the party re-focuses for the next set of elections. The Republican National Committee Co-Chair made a stop in La Crosse Thursday night.
She says the party has the right ideals for the country and more than enough support.
It's just a matter of spreading the word and finding more voters. "We all understand what is important to us and to our families, good education for our children, safety for our country, to live within our means as a nation, and when you look at those things, you just need more messengers in the communities to get out and talk about it," said Sharon Day.18465022
Day says the biggest change will be a return to grassroots efforts to successfully rebuild the party.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration