LA CROSSE, Wis. - Riverside Park is returning back to normal this week after the annual Riverfest celebration.
Organizers say it was an average year for attendance at the festival with an estimated 25,000 people taking in some part of the event. Of those, about 15,000 bought a button, and 400 bought a ticket for the special event that included the headlining band Cheap Trick.
Those numbers were much needed after last year's attendance dropped because of the excessive heat. "It helps make a dent, you know we still have operating costs from this year that have to be covered up, and that's why it's a multi-year process to get there," said Riverfest Media Director Nick Bjerke.
Final numbers on finances aren't expect for another few weeks.
- Local event helps connect military families
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Area couples prepare for wedding season