LA CROSSE, Wis. - Riverside Park is returning back to normal this week after the annual Riverfest celebration.
Organizers say it was an average year for attendance at the festival with an estimated 25,000 people taking in some part of the event. Of those, about 15,000 bought a button, and 400 bought a ticket for the special event that included the headlining band Cheap Trick.
Those numbers were much needed after last year's attendance dropped because of the excessive heat. "It helps make a dent, you know we still have operating costs from this year that have to be covered up, and that's why it's a multi-year process to get there," said Riverfest Media Director Nick Bjerke.
Final numbers on finances aren't expect for another few weeks.
- Wisconsin Democrats hoping to make points with Trump guests
- Accused driver talks about crash that killed couple
- Holmen teen facing attempted homicide charge following stabbing
- La Crosse Police Department sees increase in applicants
- Committee to hold hearing on youth prison bill
- Fatal shooting by deputy in Lincoln County investigated
- Trial set for Iowa mother whose baby died on changing table
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 27, 2017
- Northside McDonald's temporarily closes due to relocation
- Previous mild winters help this year's snow budget