LA CROSSE, Wis. - Riverfest 2013 is officially underway in La Crosse.
The three day celebration attracts thousands of people every year.
On Thursday, the festival held it's opening ceremony that included the raising of the flag and paying tribute to the men and women who serve and have served our country. The commodore singers also led the crowd in the national anthem.20847636
John and Linda Lyche, this year's commodore and first mate, say that is what Riverfest is all about.
"Talking about the 4th of July and the independence of our country is all about and its just one of those things that you just can't overstate. It's nice to have happen. It brings a right kind of tone to the celebration. It's a reminder of all that we have and all that we need to be thankful for," said the Lyche's.
Riverfest runs through Saturday.
- Spike in attempted suicides at La Crosse's Juvenile Detention Facility prompts changes
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Police and Fire Commission to vote on new Fire Chief Wednesday
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- Road for UWL ends at NCAA III Midwest Regional title game
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 22, 2017
- Downtown businesses ask for changes to weekend street parking rules
- WisCorps launching new Inclusive Crew
- Lane closures coming to I-90 on Dresbach Bridge
- ‘Click It or Ticket' regional campaign begins in Minnesota