LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Wisconsin Representative Ron Kind is calling for a deeper investigation into the alleged cover-ups at the Department of Veteran's Affairs.
Kind is asking for a bipartisan investigation of the issue, featuring leaders with military backgrounds.
At least 26 VA Hospitals are being closely examined for extensive wait times leading to the deaths of several veterans.
So far, there's no evidence suggesting those problems at Wisconsin or Minnesota hospitals.
Congressman Kind is convinced there's high quality care in this area.
"During the course of the day, when I was over at Tomah, in the clinics at La Crosse, I spoke specifically to the veterans who are going in to get treatment, to get feedback from them. All of them had high praise as far as the care and the treatment that they were receiving," said Kind.
He also says he would call for the VA secretary's resignation if an investigation shows he failed to act while knowing about the delays.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests