LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Habitat for Humanity is looking for volunteers to be a part of one of their spring projects.
ReNEW La Crosse Neighborhoods is an organization that works with schools, businesses and community members to make our city a better place to live.
Their goal for the month of May is to revitalize the Powell-Poage -Hamilton and Washburn neighborhoods, and they've already got more than 30 projects lined up.
But organizers are looking for more volunteers to help out during the weekends.
"We have a lot of painting and planting, and just some simple repair type things to do," said Amanda Acklin, executive director of Habitat for Humanity.
If you'd like to volunteer your time to the ReNEW project, you can sign up on their website, renewlacrosse.org.
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Belle Square development moves forward
- Crews begin renovations on La Crosse's Powell Park
- La Crosse officials look for input on proposed 'greenway'
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- One week after storms, cleanup continues
- New La Crosse Fire Chief approved by Fire Commission
- ‘Go Red for Women' La Crosse luncheon highlights heart disease among women
- La Crosse city departments host ‘City Open House' for residents
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash