LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Habitat for Humanity is looking for volunteers to be a part of one of their spring projects.
ReNEW La Crosse Neighborhoods is an organization that works with schools, businesses and community members to make our city a better place to live.
Their goal for the month of May is to revitalize the Powell-Poage -Hamilton and Washburn neighborhoods, and they've already got more than 30 projects lined up.
But organizers are looking for more volunteers to help out during the weekends.
"We have a lot of painting and planting, and just some simple repair type things to do," said Amanda Acklin, executive director of Habitat for Humanity.
If you'd like to volunteer your time to the ReNEW project, you can sign up on their website, renewlacrosse.org.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners