LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Volunteers are needed to help with revitalization efforts of La Crosse's Powell-Poage-Hamilton and Washburn Neighborhoods in May.
Volunteers would help with local community development programs, including house repair projects, painting, landscaping and general yard clean-up.
ReNEW La Crosse Neighborhoods (Revitalizing Neighborhood Empowerment With La Crosse Neighborhoods) is a partnership of neighbors, non-profit and public agencies, local businesses, and community members working to improve the overall appearance of the Powell-Poage-Hamilton and Washburn Neighborhoods.
There will be a volunteer kick-off event on Sunday, May 4 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Here are the other opportunities to volunteer:
Saturday, May 10 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Saturday, May 17 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Saturday, May 31 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Saturday, June 7 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Tomah police believe they captured the suspects involved in a high speed chase Sunday
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser