LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Volunteers are needed to help with revitalization efforts of La Crosse's Powell-Poage-Hamilton and Washburn Neighborhoods in May.
Volunteers would help with local community development programs, including house repair projects, painting, landscaping and general yard clean-up.
ReNEW La Crosse Neighborhoods (Revitalizing Neighborhood Empowerment With La Crosse Neighborhoods) is a partnership of neighbors, non-profit and public agencies, local businesses, and community members working to improve the overall appearance of the Powell-Poage-Hamilton and Washburn Neighborhoods.
There will be a volunteer kick-off event on Sunday, May 4 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Here are the other opportunities to volunteer:
Saturday, May 10 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Saturday, May 17 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Saturday, May 31 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Saturday, June 7 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather