LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - An 8-week health challenge is giving La Crosse residents a chance to live a healthier lifestyle.
It's all part of the 3rd annual Biggest Health Challenge put on by the La Crosse County Health Department. The program runs from February 10 to April 4.
The challenge has all kinds of events and activities participants can take part, including cooking, fitness and wellness presentations, healthy screenings and nutrition counseling.
You can sign up for free, or you can pay $10 and be entered in to the weight loss challenge and the chance to win prizes. Winners will be based on percent of body weight lost. Grand prizes of cash are based upon challenge participation. Top winners in the paid challenge will receive a free one-year membership to the YMCA.
To register for the Biggest Health Challenge- La Crosse click here. You can also register by phone at (608) 785-9831.24272126
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure