PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, WI - A Crawford County Sheriff's Deputy found 46-year old Willard Tyler in a rural part of the county, about 10 miles east of Prairie du Chien, at about 8:00 p.m. Monday night.
Tyler is in custody at the Crawford County Jail.
Authorities say a registered violent sex offender who was released to Prairie du Chien in 2011 is on the loose. He's been missing since late Sunday night.
Prairie du Chien police say they went to 517 East Blackhawk Avenue at about 11 p.m. to attempt a probation and parole arrest, but when they entered 46-year-old Willard D. Tyler's residence they found his ankle monitoring device on the floor. It had been cut off.
Police say they immediately sent out an electronic nationwide alert through the dispatch center to law enforcement agencies.
Tyler is described as a white male who is 5'08", 180lbs. If you see Tyler or know where he may be, contact your area law enforcement immediately.22555096
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse