PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, WI - A Crawford County Sheriff's Deputy found 46-year old Willard Tyler in a rural part of the county, about 10 miles east of Prairie du Chien, at about 8:00 p.m. Monday night.
Tyler is in custody at the Crawford County Jail.
Authorities say a registered violent sex offender who was released to Prairie du Chien in 2011 is on the loose. He's been missing since late Sunday night.
Prairie du Chien police say they went to 517 East Blackhawk Avenue at about 11 p.m. to attempt a probation and parole arrest, but when they entered 46-year-old Willard D. Tyler's residence they found his ankle monitoring device on the floor. It had been cut off.
Police say they immediately sent out an electronic nationwide alert through the dispatch center to law enforcement agencies.
Tyler is described as a white male who is 5'08", 180lbs. If you see Tyler or know where he may be, contact your area law enforcement immediately.22555096
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration