LA CROSSE, Wis. - Shoppers at Valley View Mall in La Crosse had a chance to give blood Wednesday during the American Red Cross' annual holiday blood drive.
Their goal was for 30 blood donations and by about noon they already reached their goal.
Many donors were by appointment, but the Red Cross also accepted walk-ups from shoppers who were passing by. The Red Cross says this is an important time of the year to donate.
"During the holidays the demand goes up and the donors go down, so we could use as many donors as we can ‘cause the travelling, as you know, increases the risk of people having problems so to get people in would be just great," said Barb Jones, R.N. with the American Red Cross.
Jones says each donation they receive can help save up to three lives.17906782
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US