LA CROSSE, Wis. - Shoppers at Valley View Mall in La Crosse had a chance to give blood Wednesday during the American Red Cross' annual holiday blood drive.
Their goal was for 30 blood donations and by about noon they already reached their goal.
Many donors were by appointment, but the Red Cross also accepted walk-ups from shoppers who were passing by. The Red Cross says this is an important time of the year to donate.
"During the holidays the demand goes up and the donors go down, so we could use as many donors as we can ‘cause the travelling, as you know, increases the risk of people having problems so to get people in would be just great," said Barb Jones, R.N. with the American Red Cross.
Jones says each donation they receive can help save up to three lives.17906782
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.