LA CROSSE, Wis. - Eventually, all the snow has to melt and that means we could be in line for some spring flooding.
It's Flood Safety Awareness Week at the Red Cross. They say a flood can happen anywhere, at any time so it's always good to be prepared.
Experts say it's important to pay extra close attention to advisories and warnings this time of year.
They also say make sure you have an evacuation plan, and a flood kit in your home. "Making sure that they have at least 3 days supply of food, water, some of those essential emergency items like flashlights and battery operated weather radios," said Ben Hein with the Red Cross.
You can find more information on how to respond to a flooding threat on the red cross website. Just go to redcross.org/prepare.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Fort Lauderdale shooter says he carried out attack for ISIS, FBI claims
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers