LA CROSSE, Wis. - Eventually, all the snow has to melt and that means we could be in line for some spring flooding.
It's Flood Safety Awareness Week at the Red Cross. They say a flood can happen anywhere, at any time so it's always good to be prepared.
Experts say it's important to pay extra close attention to advisories and warnings this time of year.
They also say make sure you have an evacuation plan, and a flood kit in your home. "Making sure that they have at least 3 days supply of food, water, some of those essential emergency items like flashlights and battery operated weather radios," said Ben Hein with the Red Cross.
You can find more information on how to respond to a flooding threat on the red cross website. Just go to redcross.org/prepare.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse