MADISON, WI AP) - Records show that potential Democratic candidate for governor Mary Burke paid nearly $517,000 in Wisconsin income taxes the past five years.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel first reported on the tax information as provided by the state Department of Revenue.
Burke is exploring a run against Gov. Scott Walker next year but has not officially gotten into the race.
Based on the amount of taxes she paid, Burke would have had to report an adjusted gross income of at least $6.8 million from 2008 to 2012.
Republicans have tried to paint Burke as an out of touch liberal millionaire.
Burke's father started Trek Bicycle Corp. and she formerly worked for the company but has since retired and is now on the Madison school board.
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- No injuries at early morning house fire in Onalaska