MADISON, WI AP) - Records show that potential Democratic candidate for governor Mary Burke paid nearly $517,000 in Wisconsin income taxes the past five years.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel first reported on the tax information as provided by the state Department of Revenue.
Burke is exploring a run against Gov. Scott Walker next year but has not officially gotten into the race.
Based on the amount of taxes she paid, Burke would have had to report an adjusted gross income of at least $6.8 million from 2008 to 2012.
Republicans have tried to paint Burke as an out of touch liberal millionaire.
Burke's father started Trek Bicycle Corp. and she formerly worked for the company but has since retired and is now on the Madison school board.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners