MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Four Republican state senators have just a few more days to challenge recall efforts against them.
Democrats fuming over Republican Gov. Scott Walker's contentious collective bargaining law are trying to oust six Republicans from office, including Walker, Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch and Sens. Scott Fitzgerald, Pam Galloway, Terry Moulton and Van Wanggaard. Last month Democrats handed state election officials recall petitions with 2 million signatures.
The state Government Accountability Board has been working to verify the signatures' authenticity. The senators have until Thursday to scour the petitions against them and challenge any questionable signatures.8604452
Walker has until Feb. 27 to file his challenges. Kleefisch has until March 5.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest