MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Four Republican state senators have just a few more days to challenge recall efforts against them.
Democrats fuming over Republican Gov. Scott Walker's contentious collective bargaining law are trying to oust six Republicans from office, including Walker, Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch and Sens. Scott Fitzgerald, Pam Galloway, Terry Moulton and Van Wanggaard. Last month Democrats handed state election officials recall petitions with 2 million signatures.
The state Government Accountability Board has been working to verify the signatures' authenticity. The senators have until Thursday to scour the petitions against them and challenge any questionable signatures.8604452
Walker has until Feb. 27 to file his challenges. Kleefisch has until March 5.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather