LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Area entrepreneurs are getting a crash course in how to grow their businesses.
Several young business owners gathered at Pearl Street Brewery this afternoon for "entre-palooza." The event offered entrepreneurs a chance to learn how to do things like expand their social media platforms and effectively use crowdfunding.
Two of the presenters were the co-hosts of a reality TV series called "Amibitious Adventures," which profiles entrepreneurs across the country and is currently filming in La Crosse.
"I think it's a great thing for La Crosse to be spotlighted in the show because so many young entrepreneurs, they feel like they've got to go to Austin, they've got to go to San Francisco, they've got to go to New York, Chicago, not knowing that there is funding, there is support, there are resources and there's people right here in your backyard, you don't need to leave, you can do it here." said executive producer and co-host Greg Rollett.
The show will premiere its first season in late February or early March with La Crosse getting its own 30-minute episode.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016