LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Area entrepreneurs are getting a crash course in how to grow their businesses.
Several young business owners gathered at Pearl Street Brewery this afternoon for "entre-palooza." The event offered entrepreneurs a chance to learn how to do things like expand their social media platforms and effectively use crowdfunding.
Two of the presenters were the co-hosts of a reality TV series called "Amibitious Adventures," which profiles entrepreneurs across the country and is currently filming in La Crosse.
"I think it's a great thing for La Crosse to be spotlighted in the show because so many young entrepreneurs, they feel like they've got to go to Austin, they've got to go to San Francisco, they've got to go to New York, Chicago, not knowing that there is funding, there is support, there are resources and there's people right here in your backyard, you don't need to leave, you can do it here." said executive producer and co-host Greg Rollett.
The show will premiere its first season in late February or early March with La Crosse getting its own 30-minute episode.
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- La Crosse rally supports transgender youth
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Officers go 'wild' in support of Special Olympics
- Family Fest returns to La Crosse Center this weekend
- Vikings' stadium board at full strength after resignations
- Storm misses Birkie course, race canceled
- Judges express skepticism over claims in voting cases