LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Motorcyclists in our area got together to promote safety on the road Sunday.
It was part of the Motorcycle awareness rally. "Look twice, save a life" was the motto of the event.
Motorcyclists flashed signs at passing cars on Highway 16 to urge drivers to be more aware of motorcycles on the road, as well as equal sharing of the road.
"We've had a rise in accidents so far this year where motorists are actually running into and running over motorcycles so its just kind of a reminder that we're out there again and be sure and check all of your spots and pay attention to your driving, put the phones down," said Dean Bartosh from Abate of Wisconsin.
This was the 6th year the Motorcycle Awareness Rally was held in La Crosse.
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Belle Square development moves forward
- Crews begin renovations on La Crosse's Powell Park
- La Crosse officials look for input on proposed 'greenway'
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- One week after storms, cleanup continues
- New La Crosse Fire Chief approved by Fire Commission
- ‘Go Red for Women' La Crosse luncheon highlights heart disease among women
- La Crosse city departments host ‘City Open House' for residents
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash