LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Motorcyclists in our area got together to promote safety on the road Sunday.
It was part of the Motorcycle awareness rally. "Look twice, save a life" was the motto of the event.
Motorcyclists flashed signs at passing cars on Highway 16 to urge drivers to be more aware of motorcycles on the road, as well as equal sharing of the road.
"We've had a rise in accidents so far this year where motorists are actually running into and running over motorcycles so its just kind of a reminder that we're out there again and be sure and check all of your spots and pay attention to your driving, put the phones down," said Dean Bartosh from Abate of Wisconsin.
This was the 6th year the Motorcycle Awareness Rally was held in La Crosse.
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- La Crosse rally supports transgender youth
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Officers go 'wild' in support of Special Olympics
- Family Fest returns to La Crosse Center this weekend
- Vikings' stadium board at full strength after resignations
- Storm misses Birkie course, race canceled
- Judges express skepticism over claims in voting cases