LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Motorcyclists in our area got together to promote safety on the road Sunday.
It was part of the Motorcycle awareness rally. "Look twice, save a life" was the motto of the event.
Motorcyclists flashed signs at passing cars on Highway 16 to urge drivers to be more aware of motorcycles on the road, as well as equal sharing of the road.
"We've had a rise in accidents so far this year where motorists are actually running into and running over motorcycles so its just kind of a reminder that we're out there again and be sure and check all of your spots and pay attention to your driving, put the phones down," said Dean Bartosh from Abate of Wisconsin.
This was the 6th year the Motorcycle Awareness Rally was held in La Crosse.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Bushes' spokesman: George H.W., Barbara 'both on the upswing'
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice