LA CROSSE,Wis. (WKBT) - An annual contest gives artists a unique canvas to color.
The Washburn Neighborhood Association is once again putting on its rain barrel painting contest.
Officials are asking residents to join the competition and paint the barrels to the theme "Backyard Nature."
The barrels will be displayed around town for about three weeks before being judged at the Garden Expo in March.
Winners of the contest will get downtown bucks. "Even if you're not an artist, but you have a little inkling to paint something, this is the thing to do. And if you have children, this is a great children's project and it's not hard," said Randy Magno from the Washburn Neighborhood Association.
Entry forms with details on how to get a barrel can be found at the La Crosse Public Library.23805454
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says