LA CROSSE, Wis. -- - If you're looking for a fun way to put your artistic skills to good use, a group in La Crosse says they have just the contest for you.
It's the 20-13 Washburn Neighborhood Rain Barrel Painting Contest.
Anyone is welcome to participate no matter what his or her skill level is.
All you have to do is pick up a rain barrel for $15 from the contest organizer, Randy Magno.
Then it's up to you to grab your paints and brushes to create a masterpiece.
The finished products will be displayed and judged at the Garden Expo in March.
This year's competition theme is all about giving people the opportunity to be creative.
"The theme is 'Toast to Mother Nature', meaning basically, you can do anything. I try to make it so you can do anything with nature in it. We chose 'Toast to Mother Nature' as a way to let people use that as a way to paint whatever they want in mother nature," said Magno.
Community members will also be able to bid for and buy the rain barrels on display in the contest.
The proceeds go to cover the cost of the Garden Expo.
For more information on the contest and how to enter visit http://www.washburnneighborhood.org/3.html
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota