LA CROSSE, Wis. -- - If you're looking for a fun way to put your artistic skills to good use, a group in La Crosse says they have just the contest for you.
It's the 20-13 Washburn Neighborhood Rain Barrel Painting Contest.
Anyone is welcome to participate no matter what his or her skill level is.
All you have to do is pick up a rain barrel for $15 from the contest organizer, Randy Magno.
Then it's up to you to grab your paints and brushes to create a masterpiece.
The finished products will be displayed and judged at the Garden Expo in March.
This year's competition theme is all about giving people the opportunity to be creative.
"The theme is 'Toast to Mother Nature', meaning basically, you can do anything. I try to make it so you can do anything with nature in it. We chose 'Toast to Mother Nature' as a way to let people use that as a way to paint whatever they want in mother nature," said Magno.
Community members will also be able to bid for and buy the rain barrels on display in the contest.
The proceeds go to cover the cost of the Garden Expo.
For more information on the contest and how to enter visit http://www.washburnneighborhood.org/3.html
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game