RACINE, Wis. (AP) - Police say the woman shot in the head in downtown Racine earlier this week has died, elevating the case to a homicide.
Authorities say Lucinda White, 44, died at Froedtert Hospital in suburban Milwaukee Thursday night. Police are holding a man who was arrested in Millersville, Tennessee, on possible homicide charges.
White suffered multiple gunshot wounds and was found collapsed on a downtown street shortly before 11 p.m. Wednesday.
- Rising Above the Flood: Historic storm hits La Crosse
- News 8 Highlight Zone - August 18, 2017
- Fire department concerned with sprinkler laws
- Mural-bearing building granted historic designation, demolition halted
- Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over campaign begins
- More changes coming to Valley View Mall
- 7 River Alliance announce new leader
- Early morning single car crash in Genoa
- Legislature's budget committee resuming voting next week
- Wisconsin lawmakers introduce bill to relax mining rules