RACINE, Wis. (AP) - A Racine man accused of molesting at least six young children and producing a cache of child pornography is due in court.
Twenty-nine-year-old Alexander R. Richter is jailed on 49 felony charges. Prosecutors say he volunteered to babysit his classmates' pre-teen children and then repeatedly had sex with the boys and girls on camera as they cried and begged him to stop.
The youngest alleged victim was a 4-year-old girl.
Richter is due in court Wednesday morning for a preliminary hearing. The charges include first-degree sexual assault of a child under 13.
Investigators say they've identified six children in videos and photographs recovered from Richter's home. They say they believe there are additional victims, but aren't saying how many.
A message left with Richter's defense attorney wasn't immediately returned.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial