LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - If you drive on Highway 33 through the Town of Shelby, you'll likely have to take a detour in the near future.
A major reconstruction project on the highway will get underway at the end of the month.
The project includes the stretch of Highway 33 from 32nd Street to Forest Ridge Drive.
Crews will be putting in a new storm drainage system and replacing the pavement because of erosion issues on the highway. They'll also be adding a center turn lane.
A portion of the highway known as Irish Hill will be completely closed during construction and people will have to use alternate routes. "Depending where you're at, you know, from up on the hill you'll have to take F to Bliss Road or YY down to 14 would be your quickest route," said Wisconsin D.O.T. Project Manager Brian Meyer.
The project is expected to be finished by November 15th.
- The Latest: Trump take executive action on oil pipelines
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY
- Section of riverbank collapses near City Hall in Des Moines