LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - If you drive on Highway 33 through the Town of Shelby, you'll likely have to take a detour in the near future.
A major reconstruction project on the highway will get underway at the end of the month.
The project includes the stretch of Highway 33 from 32nd Street to Forest Ridge Drive.
Crews will be putting in a new storm drainage system and replacing the pavement because of erosion issues on the highway. They'll also be adding a center turn lane.
A portion of the highway known as Irish Hill will be completely closed during construction and people will have to use alternate routes. "Depending where you're at, you know, from up on the hill you'll have to take F to Bliss Road or YY down to 14 would be your quickest route," said Wisconsin D.O.T. Project Manager Brian Meyer.
The project is expected to be finished by November 15th.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract