LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A handful of protesters have been displaying signs outside of Mayo Clinic Health System in La Crosse this week.
The group says the hospital brings in a doctor from Rochester to care for pregnant women who offers to provide abortions.
As a Catholic hospital, Mayo Clinic in La Crosse says it will not perform abortions at any Franciscan Skemp Healthcare facility.
Regardless, the protesters believe it's important to make the community aware of this specialist. "Unbeknownst to us, he's an abortionist and he was supposed to provide care for my wife, but he was very negligent and very callous towards the life of the baby in the womb," said protester Leif Arvidson.
Mayo Clinic Health System released a statement that says, in part, "We can assure our employees, our patients and the community that abortions are not being performed at our facilities and never have been. Providers who practice on our campus follow our policies related to the care of pregnant women and their children."
Mayo could not comment on the specialist's practices outside of the La Crosse area.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016