LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosses's Economic Development Commission heard a proposal for plans for a new fitness complex going up in La Crosse near Onalaska.
It would be built on land south of Famous Dave's restaurant.
The new multilevel complex would hold basketball courts, training areas, a synthetic ice rink, and a 9,000 square foot turf. It would also house a chiropractor and a daycare with autism specialists on site. Owners are hoping to get support by involving local organizations.
"If there are other organizations that are interested in the facility or have other ideas or options or partner ship ideas we would be welcome to meet with that organization if those needs are not being met," said Kara Schuster, of the group proposing the wellness complex.
The complex hopes to start construction before winter.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Monroe Co. man avoids prison for shooting mother
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- Iowa man accused of stealing from ailing dad gets probation
- Wisconsin woman jumps on hood of her SUV to prevent theft
- Parents of malnourished teen found dead plead not guilty
- The Latest: Teen plane crash survivor in serious condition
- The Latest: Teens in Wisconsin plane crash identified