LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosses's Economic Development Commission heard a proposal for plans for a new fitness complex going up in La Crosse near Onalaska.
It would be built on land south of Famous Dave's restaurant.
The new multilevel complex would hold basketball courts, training areas, a synthetic ice rink, and a 9,000 square foot turf. It would also house a chiropractor and a daycare with autism specialists on site. Owners are hoping to get support by involving local organizations.
"If there are other organizations that are interested in the facility or have other ideas or options or partner ship ideas we would be welcome to meet with that organization if those needs are not being met," said Kara Schuster, of the group proposing the wellness complex.
The complex hopes to start construction before winter.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration