LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosses's Economic Development Commission heard a proposal for plans for a new fitness complex going up in La Crosse near Onalaska.
It would be built on land south of Famous Dave's restaurant.
The new multilevel complex would hold basketball courts, training areas, a synthetic ice rink, and a 9,000 square foot turf. It would also house a chiropractor and a daycare with autism specialists on site. Owners are hoping to get support by involving local organizations.
"If there are other organizations that are interested in the facility or have other ideas or options or partner ship ideas we would be welcome to meet with that organization if those needs are not being met," said Kara Schuster, of the group proposing the wellness complex.
The complex hopes to start construction before winter.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- The guitar that will build a La Crosse home
- Former Packer talks leadership, teamwork at Boy Scouts fundraiser
- Interfaith panel promotes understanding
- 'Spudmobile' makes stop at La Crosse schools
- La Crescent leaders hear ideas for downtown development
- Businesses gather for discussion on possible new tax
- Students learn robotics at Trane in La Crosse