LA CROSSE, Wis. -- - Finding that perfect prom dress doesn't have to break the bank.
For the next 10 days, the Orange Door Store, 729 6th St. S. in La Crosse, is selling new and used formal dresses for no more than $50.
It's a fundraiser for the teen programs at the La Crosse YWCA.
Stores and community members donate the dresses, with all the proceeds going directly to the YWCA.
Organizers said it's a way for people to find the dress they need, while helping out a good cause.
"If they're going to go out and already be spending that money, come here first and take a look around. You might just find something that really is special to you and make your night great and also be giving to a good cause," said organizer Jessie Schwarz.
There are more than a thousand dresses still at the store.
Organizers said they are still accepting donations.18483796
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather