LA CROSSE, Wis. -- - Finding that perfect prom dress doesn't have to break the bank.
For the next 10 days, the Orange Door Store, 729 6th St. S. in La Crosse, is selling new and used formal dresses for no more than $50.
It's a fundraiser for the teen programs at the La Crosse YWCA.
Stores and community members donate the dresses, with all the proceeds going directly to the YWCA.
Organizers said it's a way for people to find the dress they need, while helping out a good cause.
"If they're going to go out and already be spending that money, come here first and take a look around. You might just find something that really is special to you and make your night great and also be giving to a good cause," said organizer Jessie Schwarz.
There are more than a thousand dresses still at the store.
Organizers said they are still accepting donations.18483796
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death