LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - It was a successful Spring for a local organization looking to revitalize area neighborhoods.
ReNEW La Crosse Neighborhoods were able to complete 58 projects on 26 different properties. Work such as landscaping, painting, simple repairs, and yard clean-up were part of the projects.
Nearly 150 people volunteered more than 13-hundred hours of time towards the projects, and even though ReNEW Spring projects have ended, there's still more left to do. "We continue working on the house throughout the Summer so we have some houses we haven't even started to work on yet, so there's still a lot left to do," said Amanda Acklin, ReNEW Executive Director.
If you would like to volunteer for you can visit www.renewlacrosse.org.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers