LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - It was a successful Spring for a local organization looking to revitalize area neighborhoods.
ReNEW La Crosse Neighborhoods were able to complete 58 projects on 26 different properties. Work such as landscaping, painting, simple repairs, and yard clean-up were part of the projects.
Nearly 150 people volunteered more than 13-hundred hours of time towards the projects, and even though ReNEW Spring projects have ended, there's still more left to do. "We continue working on the house throughout the Summer so we have some houses we haven't even started to work on yet, so there's still a lot left to do," said Amanda Acklin, ReNEW Executive Director.
If you would like to volunteer for you can visit www.renewlacrosse.org.
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests