LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The State Bank Financial Chili Cook Off had a record year this past October. 24 teams took part in the cook-off.
They had a record attendance this past fall, some 1,300 people came out.
Each year they present a check to area D.A.R.E and G.R.E.A.T programs, as well as the La Crosse Public Education Foundation.
And Thursday, they announced the event raised $11,000 for local programs.
"Oh it does. In fact my understanding is that nationally some DARE Programs are being cut. A lot of communities decided the funding is not there so this is a very important part of La Crosse and our community that State Bank Financial is able to continue to donate and help keep these programs alive and active and they do a wonderful job," said State Bank Financial President Tim Kotnour.
The Chili Cook-Off has donated more than $200,000 to several organizations over the years.
And this year's Annual State Bank Financial Chili Cook Off will celebrate 25 years of success. It is set for Saturday, October 8th at Riverside Park.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US