LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The State Bank Financial Chili Cook Off had a record year this past October. 24 teams took part in the cook-off.
They had a record attendance this past fall, some 1,300 people came out.
Each year they present a check to area D.A.R.E and G.R.E.A.T programs, as well as the La Crosse Public Education Foundation.
And Thursday, they announced the event raised $11,000 for local programs.
"Oh it does. In fact my understanding is that nationally some DARE Programs are being cut. A lot of communities decided the funding is not there so this is a very important part of La Crosse and our community that State Bank Financial is able to continue to donate and help keep these programs alive and active and they do a wonderful job," said State Bank Financial President Tim Kotnour.
The Chili Cook-Off has donated more than $200,000 to several organizations over the years.
And this year's Annual State Bank Financial Chili Cook Off will celebrate 25 years of success. It is set for Saturday, October 8th at Riverside Park.
- The Latest: Walker tweets on 'major' jobs news from Trump
- La Crosse authorities release names in fatal car accident
- News 8 Investigates - The Long Goodbye
- Authorities release name of person killed in Monroe County crash
- La Crosse police: Fewer homeless people downtown
- Eau Claire police release names in fatal shooting
- Body found in Mount Pleasant in Kenosha teen
- Wausau mall auctioned off for nearly $13 million
- Minneapolis police to change officer body camera policy
- La Crosse among top 20 college towns in country