LA CROSSE, Wis. - An organization helping children with special medical challenges gets a financial boost.
A nearly $16,000 check was presented to the Children's Miracle Network Friday morning.
The money comes from the 10th annual soup-a-thon put on by LHI, Kaplan, and SAP America in October.17787074
The businesses matched all of the employee donations which will now help local families with medical needs. "It's an extremely big deal for us, with 100% of that staying local, we're going to be able to help so many families in our local areas get the help that they need for our children," said local CMN Program Manager Heather Gilles.
One employee saw the number was so close to $16,000, he pulled out a $20 bill to put the total over the top.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather