LA CROSSE, Wis. - An organization helping children with special medical challenges gets a financial boost.
A nearly $16,000 check was presented to the Children's Miracle Network Friday morning.
The money comes from the 10th annual soup-a-thon put on by LHI, Kaplan, and SAP America in October.17787074
The businesses matched all of the employee donations which will now help local families with medical needs. "It's an extremely big deal for us, with 100% of that staying local, we're going to be able to help so many families in our local areas get the help that they need for our children," said local CMN Program Manager Heather Gilles.
One employee saw the number was so close to $16,000, he pulled out a $20 bill to put the total over the top.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser