MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- A group funded by labor unions has announced it is buying $1 million worth of advertising across the state time in support of Democratic recall candidate Kathleen Falk.
Wisconsin for Falk announced the ad buy on Thursday. The group is funded by the Wisconsin Education Association Council, the statewide teachers union, and the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees.
The group says the ad buy includes cable, broadcast and online advertising beginning Friday and running through Monday, the day before the primary. Targeted television markets include La Crosse, Milwaukee, Green Bay, Wausau and Madison.
The ad focuses on Republican Gov. Scott Walker and none of Falk's Democratic challengers, who are not named.
The primary is May 8 and the general election is June 5.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners