MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- A group funded by labor unions has announced it is buying $1 million worth of advertising across the state time in support of Democratic recall candidate Kathleen Falk.
Wisconsin for Falk announced the ad buy on Thursday. The group is funded by the Wisconsin Education Association Council, the statewide teachers union, and the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees.
The group says the ad buy includes cable, broadcast and online advertising beginning Friday and running through Monday, the day before the primary. Targeted television markets include La Crosse, Milwaukee, Green Bay, Wausau and Madison.
The ad focuses on Republican Gov. Scott Walker and none of Falk's Democratic challengers, who are not named.
The primary is May 8 and the general election is June 5.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns