MADISON, Wis. (AP) - A Madison woman has been sentenced to 1 1/2 years in prison for killing a man on a mo-ped while driving the wrong way on a frontage road.
It was the sentence that prosecutors recommended when 28-year-old Ekaterina Topolkaraeva pleaded guilty to homicide by negligent driving and drunken driving.
Topolkaraeva struck and killed 37-year-old Jeffrey Droster, of Madison, who was riding a mo-ped on a Madison Beltline frontage road Oct. 8, 2011.
The State Journal says Topokaraeva will spend five years on extended supervision following her release from prison.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns