MADISON, Wis. (AP) - A Madison woman has been sentenced to 1 1/2 years in prison for killing a man on a mo-ped while driving the wrong way on a frontage road.
It was the sentence that prosecutors recommended when 28-year-old Ekaterina Topolkaraeva pleaded guilty to homicide by negligent driving and drunken driving.
Topolkaraeva struck and killed 37-year-old Jeffrey Droster, of Madison, who was riding a mo-ped on a Madison Beltline frontage road Oct. 8, 2011.
The State Journal says Topokaraeva will spend five years on extended supervision following her release from prison.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY
- Section of riverbank collapses near City Hall in Des Moines
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore