LA CROSSE, Wis. - All across the nation, people paused Friday to honor the victims of last week's school shooting in Connecticut.
Friday night, people gathered for a memorial service in a heated tent at the Rotary Lights to remember the lives lost.17873804
The 45 minute service gave everyone the opportunity to reflect and say prayers for those who are grieving. "It gives a chance for people to offer their prayers and to contemplate a little on the meaning of life and how short everything is and make us live each day with a little more intensity and awareness of the beauty of the Earth," said the Rev. Allan Townsend.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls