LA CROSSE, Wis. - All across the nation, people paused Friday to honor the victims of last week's school shooting in Connecticut.
Friday night, people gathered for a memorial service in a heated tent at the Rotary Lights to remember the lives lost.17873804
The 45 minute service gave everyone the opportunity to reflect and say prayers for those who are grieving. "It gives a chance for people to offer their prayers and to contemplate a little on the meaning of life and how short everything is and make us live each day with a little more intensity and awareness of the beauty of the Earth," said the Rev. Allan Townsend.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests