PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, Wis. -- A Prairie du Chien man is arrested after a truck hits a tree, killing one person and injuring another.
The crash happened Tuesday just after 7:30 p.m. on Vineyard Road in the Township of Bridgeport in Crawford County.
22-year-old Justin Heim was driving the pickup truck when he lost control on a curve, drove off the road and hit a tree.
A 22-year-old man from Prairie du Chien, who was a passenger in the truck, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A 17-year-old woman from Boscobel was taken to Prairie du Chien Memorial Hospital, and later airlifted to Gundersen Lutheran in La Crosse. Her condition is not known.
Heim was treated for minor injuries before being arrested on a possible charge of reckless driving causing death.
Heim is being held at the Crawford County Jail.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota